David Stabler has a wish list for what he hopes will transpire with the Oregon Symphony in the next few years. I must say, I couldn’t agree more with his selections! (My only alteration would be a different Mahler symphony: either 3 or 6 are on my wish list for repertoire).
Here are my own additions to my wish list for the Oregon Symphony’s future:
- Having a 2010-2011 season.
- Three consecutive seasons in the black for the OSO budget.
- A full complement of strings on stage for all classical series concerts.
- Violinist Hilary Hahn as soloist in any piece she cares to play.
- One concert version of a major opera, performed every other season.
- Reneé Fleming singing Strauss’ Four Last Songs.
- Making above the median salary level of the ICSOM orchestras.
- Playing in Benaroya Hall in Seattle, or Disney Hall in Los Angeles.