Skip to content
- Some very sad news from the Los Angeles Philharmonic, whose Principal trombonist, Steven Witser, died of a heart attack at the age of 48 on Monday night.
- The Ying Quartet is losing its first violinist, resulting in a quartet that will not be all siblings.
- The Baltimore Symphony musicians have given $1 million in voluntary wage/benefit concessions and are involved in an extensive fundraising drive for the orchestra.
- Interesting article in NewMusicBox about the efficacy of pre-concert lectures.
- Krystian Zimerman creates a furor with his politically-based anti-US concert remarks and apparent self-imposed ban on future US performance.