Here’s a collection of links to news and related blog posts about the current strike at the Detroit Symphony.
UPDATED: Latest info:
- Detroit Musician’s concert to be televised – NY Times
- DSO bosses risk orchestra’s future – Detroit News
Sarah Chang Flap Links:
- Sarah Chang lands in S. Cal following Detroit drama – LA Times
- Sarah Chang cancels over strike tension – NY Times
- Violinist cancels Detroit recital amid strike – AP
Various Strike Articles:
- Detroit Symphony strike closes down opening weekend – CNN
- Detroit musicians’ strike silences orchestra – Toronto Star
- DSO cancels concerts because of strike – Detroit Free Press
- DSO musicians go on strike – Detroit Free Press
- Musicians hit defiant note on picket line – The Detroit News
- Day of strike dawns for Detroit musicians – NY Times
- You can always find a distraction if you want one – Adaptistration
- Detroit’s labor dispute and social media – Dutch Perspective
- A bad situation ends badly in Detroit – Adaptistration
- To strike or not to strike? – Adaptistration
- Detroit Symphony: can this orchestra be saved? – Cincinnati.com blog
- Collection of posts archived at Inside the Arts
As promised – enjoy!
- Philadelphia’s search for a new executive director hits the one-year mark.
- Washington Post critic doesn’t care for Alan Gilbert’s debut in NYC.
- Canada gets its broadcast orchestra back.
- Christoph Eschenbach is a workaholic.
- Charlotte Symphony gets two $1 million donations in one day.
- Honolulu Symphony gets local grown CEO.
- Charlotte Symphony funding cuts in the balance.
- NY Philharmonic gets $10 million for new music.
- Indianapolis Symphony musicians reject contract concessions.
- Chicago Symphony principal flutist in LA Phil – but for how long?
- Pittsburgh Symphony music director extends contract early.
- Pittsburgh Symphony gets $1 million gift.