It’s the end of the fiscal year for many arts and arts-related organizations as of midnight tonight, and two of my very favorite ones have some budget shortfalls to make up to end up with nice, tidy balance sheets going into the new fiscal year.
AllClassical FM (89.9 on the radio dial, and allclassical.org everywhere else) has just about $19,000 to raise by midnight tonight. I decided to take my previous year’s giving as a sustaining member and match it with a one-time payment. It’s the least I can do for such a vital organization to the arts community in Oregon and SW Washington (and the rest of the world, for that matter). I’m proud to be a board member at AllClassical, and I urge you to do what you can to help them end the year in the black! Give by clicking here.
The Oregon Symphony is also an organization that I hold dear (and not just because they pay my salary!), and they have a special giving incentive going on until midnight tonight – five board members have agreed to come together and match all donations that come in up until midnight tonight – doubling your donation! That is a gutsy move on the part of these valuable members of our team, and I urge you to help us close our funding gap as well. It is a smart investment in the cultural life of the City of Portland. Give by clicking here.
Thank you for your consideration and support. It really means the world to us!
I’m proud to be a board member of Portland’s only classical radio station, Allclassical.org KQAC 89.9 FM. It’s fall membership drive time, and I’d regard it as a personal favor to me if you’d consider donating for the first time if you haven’t given previously, upping your gift renewal this year, or becoming a sustaining member of Allclassical.
Allclassical’s raison d’être is Building Cultural Community, and it is remarkable what a vital resource they are for both classical music lovers and the entire spectrum of classical music performers, from community orchestras to the Oregon Symphony.
- New Program Director and on-air host Suzanne Nance is bringing a new A game to an already world-class announcing staff.
- Thursdays @ Three, the live in-studio performance hour hosted by Robert McBride, is giving locally and nationally known performers a place to showcase their talents for listeners around the world, and giving studio audience members a chance to meet great artists up close and personal.
- On Deck, produced and hosted by Christa Wessel, is giving remarkable young musicians a showcase, providing musical inspiration to young and old alike.
- The Score, the nationally syndicated film music program hosted by Edmund Stone, profiles and interviews some of the top film composers of today, and gives insight into the great master film scorers of the bygone era.
- For the first time, Allclassical and the Oregon Symphony teamed up to provide a live broadcast of the orchestra’s annual Waterfront Concert, enabling the entire region to join the tens of thousands of audience members at Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
- These are only a few of the reasons Allclassical is such a valuable cultural resource for Portland and SW Washington.
I’d say these initiatives and more are worth supporting, don’t you agree? I hope you’ll join me in supporting this incredible organization as they seek funding for the remainder of the fiscal year.
Click here to donate!